Pipelines are important equipment for production. Thermal imaging cameras are used to detect pipeline blockage, thinning, corrosion, leakage and other faults, so as to avoid harm to the envIRonment and personnel. Thermal imaging cameras can also be used to detect and evaluate the insulation of pipelines, thereby reducing energy consumption and achieving energy-saving effects. Generally, the temperature detection of pipelines has the following applications:
(1) When the pipeline is blocked, and the temperature difference between the blocked part and other parts of the heat capacity is different. These temperature differences are transmitted to the pipeline shell, and the IR thermal imaging camera can be used to photograph the fault outside the pipeline.
(2) When the inner wall of the pipeline is thinned due to wear or corrosion, and its temperature will be higher than the normal temperature. The fault can be detected.
(3) Due to large local temperature fluctuations in the pipeline, thermal fatigue of the material causes cracks and leakage, and the medium in the pipeline leaks at the fault location. If the medium in the pipeline is a low-temperature medium (such as ammonia) or a high-temperature medium, and the temperature difference between the leakage medium and the outer wall of the pipeline is different, the fault can be captured by an IR thermal imaging camera.
(4) The heat preservation of the pipe falls off, and the temperature at the place where it falls off is too high, which can be clearly displayed in the thermal image. The thermal imaging camera can also detect the temperature of the pipeline as a basis for judging whether the heat preservation has achieved the specified effect.
(5) The heat exchanger tube is blocked or internally leaked, which will reduce the heat exchange efficiency, affect normal production and cause energy waste. You can use a thermal imaging camera to check for failures.
(6) The heating furnace or reactor tube working in a high temperature, high pressure and corrosive envIRonment will cause hot spots, cracks, carburization, oxidation, thermal cracking, thinning, etc., which will seriously affect its service life. Using an IR thermal imaging camera to test the furnace tube in the furnace through the peephole, the thermal image of the fault can be obtained, which provides a basis for the implementation of repaIRing the furnace tube.