With the rapid development of the infrared thermal imaging camera application, it has spread to all walks of life; using infrared thermal imaging camera to detect the hidden trouble can prevent large accidents at a small cost. The following describes the application of infrared thermal imaging camera to detect the hidden trouble of aging and fracture of conveyor belt:
Conveyor belt is an important equipment for conveying raw materials and products in industrial enterprises. At present, rubber conveyor belt has the widest application range. However, due to long-term friction or heat transfer of overheated bearings, rubber is prone to aging, fracture, and even production accidents such as shutdown. The application of infrared thermal imaging camera can find out the hidden trouble in time in the primary stage of overheating and aging of rubber conveyor belt and avoid accident loss.
After the object is put on the conveyor belt, it slides relative to the conveyor belt, and accelerates under the sliding friction until the speed increases to the same as the conveyor belt, and then it is relatively static with the conveyor belt, and it moves at a constant speed with the speed of the conveyor belt.
There are two friction forces on the rubber conveyor belt: one is the static friction with the object on the conveyor belt. If the object moves relative to the conveyor belt, the static friction becomes the dynamic friction; the other is the static friction with the transmission shaft. If the conveyor belt is aged, the friction with the bearing will also change into the dynamic friction.
Compared with the static friction, the dynamic friction generates more heat to the transmission belt. The rubber is easy to be aged at high temperature. When it is in high temperature for a long time, the rubber will be damaged and broken.
To get a clear infrared thermal image when using infrared thermal imaging camera for detection, we suggest:
1. Some rubber conveyor belts are bright. Please pay attention to whether there is interference heat source around during shooting, causing detection interference. Therefore, if there is heat source around during shooting, please change the shooting angle.
2. When the thermal imager is shooting outdoors, it is necessary to avoid direct sunlight as much as possible when measuring.
3. Pay attention to whether the transmission shaft is heated. The overheating of some rubber conveyor belts is conducted by the heat of the transmission shaft.
4. Pay attention to the shooting distance. Some conveyor belts need to be tested very close or far away due to the installation position. Pay attention to the minimum focusing distance of infrared visible light when they are relatively close. If the detection distance is far, consider adding a long focal lens.
5. Some sites have a lot of dust, such as coal, cement, lime, etc. in order to prevent the dust from transporting goods from damaging the infrared thermal imaging camera (especially the lens), it is recommended to cover the infrared thermal imaging camera with plastic film, and correct the emissivity to calibrate the attenuation of radiation energy.